Wednesday, July 20, 2011

How do I let go of my grudge towards my father and finally forgive?

I'm an 18 yr old girl about to be a high school senior, I work as a part time sales associate in a popular womens clothing store. I only live with my single mom. I haven't talked to my dad in a while after having a bad argument with him about two months ago. He lives an extremely wealthy life with an enormous 10 bedroom mansion with his wife and her three ADULT CHILDREN (20, 26,27) who do not pay for anything and he has paid for all their college tuitions. He has never paid for my child support. I can't help but get jealous. I've been mad at him for leaving me and my mom ever since I was a child for abusing my mom and leaving us. I saw it all. He doesn't have his name on my birth certificate either. I really, really, really extremely hate him even when we don't communicate, I still hate him. I want to overcome this. I want to forgive him even though he never said sorry. He never asks me to go with them to their little vacations and posts pictures on FB of them. He doesn't deserve the life he lives with the things he has done with women and me (his only blood daughter). I just want to move on with my life and leave this grudge behind. He is the only person who has caused so much pain in my life and affects me so much. I want to not care. I don't want to hurt anymore. How can I do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment